Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Final Visit

I wait in eager expectation for her arrival
She is the beloved who haunts my dreams
But she is coquettish and shall not comply
And is fleeting like the lightning gleams

I sit by the window looking out in front
Maybe I will see her coming in the distance
Then I shall have time to check my home
Is it in a fit state to receive her presence?

Alas it is not yet to be, and my wait is in vain
She deigns not to visit my abode so decked
From my vantage point I see her presence
In the falling leaves, and as age's dread

I have expressed my desire to meet her
In countless ways perhaps since I was born
But in spite of the many trysts in the past
I still wait with eagerness heart quite torn

Everyone that I accost has a story to tell
About how they met her graceful form
I know that I too shall one day be thus
Breathless as she arrives in the early morn

No comments: