Saturday, August 11, 2007

What might have been...

When my love came calling I was not at home
She waited awhile and left with a broken heart
Her visit was to shower my life with great love
But I was too self focused and decided to be apart

There was a garden that might have flowered
It was filled with potential to give ample bliss
But I was its gardener indulged in self analysis
I was neglectful and in my duty quite amiss

There was a symphony that could reach crescendo
It was a soaring leap of music to dizzying heights
I was the conductor responsible for its conception
But I misplaced the notes stopping it in mid flight

There was a life that was waiting to be fully lived
It had the capacity to fill an universe with love
I stopped the heart beat from fulfilling itself
As I turned away an angel who came from above

No comments: