Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Paternal grief

And then there was the little boy who was his life
He was a jolly soul who never had a moment's grief
I marvelled at his emotional strength quite immense
He seemed immune to any upheaval long or brief

He never seemed to miss anyone and was content
Life's little pleasures were enough for his bliss
Wherever he was it was a content environment
He never desired anything that was not to be his

But then one day a vile serpent got into his heart
He happened perchance to sight a beautiful girl
The base emotion called "love" entered into him
And on his impregnable heart missiles began to hurl

I watched him go from a cheerful being to miserable
His mind was obsessed with the being of enticement
I remained bereft of weapons to combat this enemy
Who praised to defile a pure soul, with great infamy

I watched with despair as he went from bad to worse
His being was entirely taken over by this malaise
I had the power to move heaven to satisfy his wish
But in this case I remained powerless to assail

I was standing on a rainy day by the side of a willow
Watching the group disperse after assigning a hollow
To a marvelous human being who was a casualty
Of that despicable emotion of love filled with perfidy

I resolved then to become strong like never before
This was a game that had to be played some more
Aeons shall pass and I shall come again to overcome
That which tore life apart when bliss was to blossom

No comments: