Monday, August 20, 2007

Seaside Stroll

I walked aimlessly on a beautiful beach today
The eternal roar of the waves a primordial echo
They were relentless in their pursuit of land
Never once did they take a respite from overflow

I watched the constant ebb and flow of current
Bringing in water from distant shores sightless
Timeless vistas are opened up to these liquid dunes
Their might shall form and fell worlds effortless

I had nothing else to do, no deadlines awaited
My mind was crouched still as a waiting leopard
An infinitesimal thoughtful impulse was enough
To unleash the creative surge of thought outward

The sea was a patient sculptor forming the earth
Its task takes timeless aeons but perfect in the end
I let time move past me in waves sculpting me thus
Creating as it will without interfering in its intent

No comments: