Monday, August 27, 2007

Mountain and me

The hills were wearing their summer's brown coat
Dust was rising from the roads in a timeless dance
Trees bent their heads in obeisance to the wind's flow
A timeless peace enveloped nature's green expanse

Travelling up a winding trail that led to highlands
I saw the valley below appear intermittent in view
There were the sleepy denizens of nature all around
Life pulsated from leaves and flowers laden with dew

Pausing awhile near a rocky outcrop on a hillside
I leaned against nature's shoulder for a brief respite
Her breath was soft on my face as a gentle breeze
And her caress brought peace to a heart in fright

Time seemed to stand still losing its artificial divisions
Seconds, minutes, hours, and days coalesced seamless
There was no distinction between me and the mountain
We had combined into creation's graceful union of purpose

No comments: