Friday, August 10, 2007

Life's passing

There was a moment in time when I was young
But that refers only to the external gross sheath
My inner spirit appears to be ageless in time
And has been pristine as life's experience reveals


Love beckoned to me very early in my life
It came with a rush that was quite unstopped
While to the observer it might seem a travesty
I basked in its glory and considered it an amnesty

Imperfection was given to me which was felt a curse
Accusations were made that I had conspired to cheat
But later events in my life proved that it was a blessing
That helped me overcome forces that timelessly repeat

Afflictions nestled in the vast expanses of mind and grew
There was no respite in their attacks all encompassing
But as I moved through life I learned to love them hugely
They were the sentinels guarding me from trespassing

No comments: