Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Last Act

I posture on the grand stage of life to a packed audience
My act is involved and is conducted in grand ambience
The settings are elaborate and the music is scintillating
The echoes of my emotions are loud and reverberating

I create scenes of great pathos and expect applause
And the ebb and flow of emotions continues unpaused
Sometimes the audience responds and at times not
Drama is needed to sustain my boisterous ego aloft

I invest great effort in creating the story and drama
And think there is no one like me on terra firma
But then I get carried away by the clever intellect
My pomposity swells to a crescendo and insurrects

Today I check that insurrection and put it to death
The stage is cleared and the drama comes to an end
Audiences are turned away and the theatre is empty
No more shall a convoluted plot elicit mob's sympathy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Interesting to know.