Monday, August 6, 2007

Freed bird

Freedom came unasked for in the evening of life
At the time I was struggling with bonds of love
I didnt ask for it as I was unaware that I should
But it was given at a time when I needed it most

I wanted a sign from the Divine showing the path
I desired it to be dramatic as a bush burning fast
But over the solitude of a summer weekend's muse
I realized that my life's events were grace infused

All the long days and turbulent nights were directed
Leading to a time when attachments shall quietly wane
Removing the disillusionments that were my life's curse
And leaving a silence that is complete in its wake

Future unlocked itself based on the secrets of past
Summer's uproar is followed by winter's silent frost
Quietness permeates the chaotic life leading to peace
A freed bird leaves its cage never again to suffer grief

No comments: