Friday, August 3, 2007

True Freedom

I was in a prison, in fetters behind dark walls
My spirit chafed and desired to escape outside
I explored every little nook to seek a loop hole
But there seemed no way out of grim stronghold

Suddenly I was liberated and found myself free
Birds were singing and sun was shining on trees
I danced with joy and ran about like a lunatic
My cup of joy overflowed and colors shone prismatic

But I felt ill at ease after a while of this pure liberty
I would like to don the fetters again I felt morbidly
Complete freedom is not what it is made out to be
A daemon or two are not bad and can be company

I realized that peace of mind was decided internal
A calm mind originates strength that is phenomenal
Whether incarcerated and whipped by passion deep
Or in liberated glee, the detached mind is truly free

No comments: