Sunday, July 29, 2007

Dark night

Depression came unbidden as I sat through the dark hours of night
It was quiet all around as the day was done and sun was out of sight
I had completed a journey from a far off land where I went to serve
There was a person whom I had to uplift to a level that he deserved

On return there were the familiar surroundings of a simple dwelling
I had spent a long time in its confines and it seemed time for an ending
A new age was required to start and change always bring forth stress
But nothing is accomplished without change which leads to a redress

My energy levels were low as I sat in the familiar alcove in prayer
I seemed to have reached a spiritual isolation leading to moods greyer
The bliss that I seeked was playing hide and seek, taunting me on
I strived to hold it close using meditation as my constant companion

The long hours of night slowly melded into the grey shades of dawn
I placed the questions troubling my mind at the feet of divine icon
The phobias, the neuroses, and the worries were my humble offering
Divinity was non-judgemental and accepted them returning a blessing

No comments: