Thursday, July 19, 2007

Beckoning goal

I had gone to the ancient land with the intent of severing bonds
Summoning the divinity within I prayed for an intervention
Assuming a stance that was truly ego beguiling me in its folds
I thought that I could quickly manifest a clean separation

Attachments were stifling and ego chafed at the bondage
Seeming happiness beckoned from the frontiers of freedom
And I was ready to make the leap forward with great courage
At last I would be free to roam about in a blissful kingdom

But as my meditation progressed there was a moment of respite
Severing the bonds were not the answer to torment of soul
My captivity was not the result of clinging by external sources
But was my response to an environment imposed by force

Cleansing my mind and filling my heart with unconditional love
Caused my mental clouds to be dispelled and clarity to restore
A way ahead became clear as to leave me spell bound with joy
I saw a future that was miraculous and boundless as the sky

No comments: