Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Transformation

For a while I strained to modify world external
My meditation was focused on manifesting result
I was trying to bend the world to my will and wish
But its evanescent nature was not amenable to effect

Frustrated I turned away from meditation in disgust
I wanted immediate gratification of all my requests
Shouldnt God just manifest in and fulfill my desires?
After all my intentions noble, other's good to transpire

Soon I realized that external world cannot be changed
Not by mere thought evidenced in weak meditation
A transformative hold on other's life is a ego's wish
No matter how lofty the intent seeking manifestation

A true moment of epiphany burst forth at that moment
I transformed my meditation into a process of cleansing
Alchemy was needed to convert the martyr to messenger
My heart was filled with grace through complete surrender

No comments: