Monday, July 30, 2007

False life

I crave for freedom from the confines of time and space
There doesnt seem to be any peace within its grey walls
I have been looking actively for a chink in its grim visage
But the expanse is seamless leaving no escape path at all

I keep thinking about what lies beyond the twin fetters
Surely I dont have to die to experience freedom endless
Sleep seems to relax the rules of time and space daily
But I am unaware of their operation as I slumber deeply

The prison seemed to me external and thus I chafed
Who created these walls that conspire thus to restrain?
It is intolerable that we are offered a few grains of gold
In return for submitting ourselves to bondage of soul

It finally dawned on me that the prison couldnt be without
Because I create my own gilded cage, with mind's support
I read into life meanings that are quite contrived and false
Thus rejecting an offered hand of love for a life full of dross

No comments: